Ask HN: How to Avoid Procrastination

Ask HN: How to Avoid Procrastination
3 by golanggeek | 2 comments on Hacker News.
Whenever I am about to start working on some more critical software problems or even say to do some activity (pay bills) for which the deadline is not immediate, inadvertently I change to my browser and start reading some new sites. I have installed all the necessary blocking software in my system, but being a software engineer I see myself circumventing it almost always (there are so many other ways - phone, another laptop, your wife's phone, television...). It is as if, when the time comes my brain is hesitant to put that extra effort and tries to push me to take the easy route. After I have spent the whole time on unproductive things, the next day morning I make up my mind to say - I should not get into this cycle. Then 11am starts and I again go into this. I'm looking for some tips here on how to make myself do it.. and to understand why one does this.. is it just me or are there more people who face this same issue.

Post a Comment

0 Comments