Ask HN: Good tool for visualizing shared benchmark results?

Ask HN: Good tool for visualizing shared benchmark results?
2 by atombender | 0 comments on Hacker News.
Right now, I'm cobbling together charts and tables from stress tests and benchmarks by generating static images of charts using R, then manually pasting them into Google Docs. What I want is to something that supports collaboratively edited dashboards with interactive (zoomable, filterable, etc.) visualizations that can be pointed at different datasets. - Let's say a benchmark runs daily, with each run saved as a dataset named by date. I want a single web page which allows the user to select that dataset from a dropdown and see all the visualizations. They should also be able to select older datasets. - I also want to be able to offer single page which aggregates all datasets into visualizations to show progress over time. - I want to be able to publish many dashboards like this, for different types of benchmarks, each with different visualizations. - The data must be uploadable via an API. It's important to note that this can't be just some static web pages. It must be possible to design dashboards via the UI. I've worked a bit with Tableau in the past, but I'm not very impressed with it. I've looked at Google Data Studio, and it looks antiquated and underpowered. So far, Grafana + Postgres is the best thing that comes to mind, but I get the feeling it's not really made for this purpose. That would also require more glue on my part in having to upload datasets to Postgres as SQL.

Post a Comment

0 Comments