Ask HN: Bored, stuck in a rut. What to do?

Ask HN: Bored, stuck in a rut. What to do?
3 by throwaway48491 | 1 comments on Hacker News.
Hi everyone, so I'm in my mid-twenties, no debt, 1 years worth of salary in savings + index funds, work in software development in Canada, I have about a years worth of experience and I'm stuck in a rut. I don't enjoy working for the company that I currently work for because there's no opportunity for growth or advancement, and I'm a brainless blob because of how precise the tasks have to be completed. It'd actually be better for me to get a lobotomy. I save more than half of my income after tax so I am hoping for an early retirement but I can't guarantee it. I try to constantly solve problems in my life and post them to GitHub. I have many many many projects on the go but none of which are really sellable. I'm trying to constantly produce as much as I can in hopes that I'll develop something that someone else might find worth using. I'd like to be an entrepreneur but it's a lot more work than creating a startup and getting passive income; it's highly risky and there's a high chance I'll lose my entire investment. I posted an idea to reddit which got significant attention (thousands of votes, hundreds of comments) and a lot of good questions and answers for my business idea but nobody outside of reddit finds it interesting. I want to work in security but I don't have the credentials. I found a bug in Facebook's email-code two factor authentication many years ago which allowed the user to enter at least 30 codes incorrectly before entering in the right one. I reported it, they said it was not an issue but then fixed it a month later and I could only enter in three before getting locked out. Found vulnerabilities in other websites that exposed enough info to file a tax return for some. I don't really see the point of doing things anymore. I'm super tired all of the time but my nutrition macros are ok according to some apps. Doctor says I'm fine so I'm probably just lazy. What would you suggest that I do to get unstuck?

Post a Comment

0 Comments