Ask HN: Best Tools for Log Management?

Ask HN: Best Tools for Log Management?
3 by kirillzubovsky | 0 comments on Hacker News.
What is your go to tool for viewing and understanding manually created application logs? I know there are a few tools for high volume of automated logs (Papertrail, CloudWatch, Kinesis), but I am looking for something that can ingest small amount of debugging logs, and then make it searchable, ideally by time, or order of events. For example, I would like to log from the server side: 1- Log("Event 1 happened") 2- Log("Event 2 happened") 3 -Log("Event 3 happened") Then I want to get this information in a list/graph, that shows these flows in much the same way I would see user flow in modern analytics tools. I guess I could use analytics tools, like Mixpanel, but that seems an overkill. What would you use?

Post a Comment

0 Comments